Tacos are delicious, but gluten free veggie lettuce wraps are even better! I’ve experimented with various ways of making the “meat” for tacos and wraps and I believe I’ve found the way.
Leyla Eraybar’s gluten free vegetarian taco meat:
- Start by heating 1/4 cup of olive oil in your favorite large skillet over medium heat.
- Slice a medium onion, and sauté for two minutes.
- Stir in 3 cloves or a tbs of crushed garlic, half of a large red bellpepper keep it in there about 4 minutes.
- Add a cup of lentils
- add some chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne, and salt to taste.
- Stir in two cups of veggie broth, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the stove stir in tomato paste and a 1/4 cup of pine nuts. Transfer to food processor and pulse a few times, or until texture is to your liking.