A new amazing recipe from Leyla Eraybar – Zucchini Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara.
Page 2 of 2
- Start by heating 1/4 cup of olive oil in your favorite large skillet over medium heat.
- Slice a medium onion, and sauté for two minutes.
- Stir in 3 cloves or a tbs of crushed garlic, half of a large red bellpepper keep it in there about 4 minutes.
- Add a cup of lentils
- add some chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne, and salt to taste.
- Stir in two cups of veggie broth, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the stove stir in tomato paste and a 1/4 cup of pine nuts. Transfer to food processor and pulse a few times, or until texture is to your liking.
Start by making one cup of rice maybe ten or so minutes before the rest and have it ready. Next –
Take these ingredients and mix them to make some delicious and healthy egg mixture:
- 4 Tbsp fat-free milk
- 8 – egg mixture (I usually do – 6 large egg whites 2 large eggs)
The next mixture is
- 1/4 cup of each – finely chopped red onion, chopped tomato, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (the key/secret ingredient 😉
- 1 small can of chopped green chiles
Next, put your best skillet over medium heat, oil the pan, and add the egg to your pan, cook for 2 minutes. Do not stir until mixture, instead draw a spatula through egg mixture. The idea is to from large, thick tasty bites that are still moist.
Next, warm those gluten free tortillas of your choosing. Next take your two delicious mixtures and put them together to make the best tacos ever!