The best way to start your day is with oatmeal. It’s even better when your oatmeal is baked into a chocolate banana muffin. I’ve been starting my day with one of these muffins for the past week, and it is amazing! You might say, but Leyla, I don’t have time to bake. These muffins are very easy to make, don’t take much time to bake, and actually very nutritious.
Let’s journey on into making the muffins!
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:
- 3 Cups of Gluten Free Oats (Quick cooking is what I’m using)
- 1/2 Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 Cups of Skim Milk
- 3/4 Cups of Mashed Bananas
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract (yum!)
- 3/4 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (can sub Carob chips or Raisins)
Let’s Get Bakin’:
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. This recipe will make roughly 10 full size muffins and 18 mini muffins. Mist your cups in the muffin tin.
- Combine your dry ingredients. That means oats, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until entirely mixed.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk your eggs, egg whites, mashed banana, milk, and vanilla.
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry ones in the larger bowl. Whisky together. Add your chocolate chips.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture into the muffin cups. Bake for around 22 minutes. A toothpick or fork should come out clean.
Each muffin is 127 calories, 22 grams of carbs, 3 grams of protein, and 2 grams of fiber.
Enjoy your muffins!