Here’s a cool new recipe I found. I can never really enjoy eggrolls or spring rolls because of the gluten in them. I found this amazing Avocado Spring Rolls recipe that I knew I had to try. It uses Rice paper as a wrap! How amazing! They taste amazing, and I can’t recommend them enough.
- 2 very ipe avocadoes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons of chopped sundried tomatoes sitting in oil
- 3 tablespoonsof minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of very fine chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Thai yellow curry paste
- Rice paper wrappers (speciality)
- Water, for softening wrappers
- Peanut oil (or other oil), for frying
- Mash your avocado with lime juice until they are chunky.
- Add tomatoes, onions, cilantro and curry paste together. Mix until they are combined.
- Dip your rice paper wrappers in water and let excess drip dry.
- Place all on cutting board and put 1 tablespoon of filling in center at one end of your wrapper. Roll the end over and tuck the sides in and continue to roll up – like a burrito.
- Heat about 1 or 2 inches of peanut oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Place your prepared spring rolls in this hot oil.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Remove to a mesh cooling rack to drain excess oil.
- Serve with store-bought sweet chili sauce.